Setup Wi-Fi connectivity on Raspberry Pi3
Raspberry Pi-3 Power Adapter Ethernet Cable
How to connect:
- Connect the 5V 3A power supply for the Raspberry Pi-3.
- Connect HDMI cable to Raspberry pi-3 for the display purpose.
- Turn ON the supply for Raspberry Pi.
Setting up the wpa_gui for wifi connectivity for the RPi-3:
- Open the File manager and go to root folder or type “/ “ in the search option and press Enter.
- Open the “usr” folder, then open “share” , and then “applications”
- And scroll down, you may find wpa_gui icon for the wifi.
Just select it copy and paste it in the desktop.
After t hat double click on it one window will appear then scan for the networks.
Find your wireless network double click on it and enter the password in PSK option.
Then connect it. It’s all done. You are ready to use wifi.
- If you dint find wpa_gui icon in applications folder then carry following steps. Make sure you need to connect for the wired or Ethernet internet connection.
- Open the LX-Terminal and type
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install raspberrypi* raspi-config
- Once updated, use the following command to install graphical WiFi connection managerwpa_gui.
sudo apt-get install wpagui
- After this try once again search in File manager. If you dint find follow the below steps.
- Now, edit/etc/network/interfaces file using sudo nano
/etc/network/interfaces and append the following to it.
iface wlan0 inet manual
iface default inet dhcp
- Now create a new file/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf with the following contents:
- Now use following commands for proper permissions :
sudo chmod 600 /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
sudo adduser pi netdev
- You can now launchwpa_gui from /usr/share/applications/wpa_gui.desktop (Make a shortcut to desktop using cp /usr/share/applications/wpa_gui.desktop ~/Desktop) as described above.
- And picture shown below to refer
- From now on you can use this nifty graphical WiFi connection manager on Raspberry Pi to configure your WiFi access point settings as shown below.